Monday, July 17, 2017

Sewing and stitching on a Monday!

File Jul 17, 10 28 01 PM.jpeg
I am thrilled and excited about my new (to me) sewing machine.  It was delivered today.  I purchased on E-Bay for 59.99 with free shipping.  My Singer has been giving me problems for a long, long time.  I wanted an inexpensive machine that had only a couple of different stitches.  If I could have found a treadle machine I would have bought it.  The first thing I want to make is a grime guard for my 8" hoop.  Then I want to purchase foam pieces to fit my sunroom swing and make a seat and back cushion from some delightful fabric I found at the Thrift Shop.  I am waiting for Simplicity patterns to go on sale for 99¢ and want to purchase a sleeping shorts pattern I have been wanting.  Sewing fun is here!

Here is a lovely YouTube tutorial from Tricia the Left Handed Stitcher on making a Grime Guard.

File Jul 17, 10 26 03 PM.jpeg
Here is the progress on my Just Nan "Amethyst Snowflake".  I had gotten so discouraged as I just couldn't seem to make the stars and circles meet up correctly.  Three times I stitched and ended up frogging it all out.  In disgust I set it down and worked on my Pink Cricket pillow.  When I finished stitching that I gridded this 28 count Opalescence white Lugana.  I did have some gridding problems, finding that the horizontal fabric fibers are twisted and sometimes the twist looked like 2 separate fibers, so this is what was causing all my issues.  Well today I started stitching the circles and stars on the gridded fabric and it is wonderful!    I am not quite half way done with the circles and stars with the DMC #12 Perle Cotton.  I will continue working on it tomorrow.     

No comments:

Post a Comment