Friday, June 22, 2018

Fabulous Friday Cross Stitch plans

God has blessed me with a wonderful Friday. I have pork in slow cooking in the oven.  I love pork however we usually don't have it in the house as hubby doesn't eat it.  I am going to visit Hobby Lobby tomorrow and check out the Simplicity patterns which are on sale for 99¢  I plan on baking a cake this weekend and make homemade pizza.  I hope to connect with my best friend, Leslie, and we will stitch together via Skype. The thrift shop is calling my name and I must respond.  Sunday is my wedding anniversary.  I have been blessed with 7 amazing years with my perfectly perfect husband Orin.  He has brought peace, joy, happiness, contentedness to my life and I will be forever grateful for this perfect life he has gifted to me.

Doodle Dog Primitives sent out their newsletter with a fabulous resource for the stitcher.  A floss conversion chart for Valdani floss to DMC floss was linked to the article.  Here is the link: 
I really like Valdani floss however it is pricey and this conversion provided by Valdani makes the job of converting so much easier.  I have also added this link to the Inspiration section on the left side of my blog.

I have also been adding images of finished Just Nan freebies to my Just Nan Complimentary Design List page.  I have a lot of her freebie patterns and a good many allow them to be reproduced to be shared however not electronically.  Contact me if you are interested in a copy of one of her free designs and if the copyright allows I will reproduce and send it to you for a self addressed stamped envelope.  I will NOT copy all and send them to one person.  I will send only one or two per person.

Luli has a new entry to her blog.  She has the most perfect cherry free design.  I thought how perfect it would be as a border to a kitchen towel or a set of curtains.  The cherry motif is 30 stitches high and 29 stitches wide. The design calls for 7 DMC floss colors.  Check it out here: http://ioluli.blogspot.com/

So I have started my La De Da free design "Flag City".  I am stitching it on a scrap of 28 count Picture It Plus in the color Cauldron.  I am using 1 strand of floss.  I am really liking how it looks.  I am usually a 2 over 2 girl.  I will be working on this over the weekend.  I have enjoyed this small project.

Eight days remain in June and please enjoy each and every one.  God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment