Monday, May 10, 2021

Some stitchy progress to report!

 

Here I sit on a gloomy Monday afternoon.  I have been working on finding free designs to post on my Facebook group Needle Free 4 All.  I do create my posts and schedule them to appear at a future date and that builds the group to have new freebie posts even if life gets in the way, like a sickness or family need.  It allows me to post really quality designs I find and I do find terrific ones.  I have May completely full and am working on June now.  I like to have 2 designs a day but I go thru and fill in the entire month with one design and then go back and add a second.  I have to keep track of postings so I don't double post a design or miss a day.  I love doing this for my group and they really enjoy it too.

Stitching wise I am working on Jardin Prive "Welcome Easter".  I am coming along slowly but enjoying each little motif of this magical fairy Easter village. The houses make me think of crazy mushrooms and I love how prevalent pink is in the design.  The rooster with pink feathers makes me smile. Here are a couple of photos a little closer up.

I am stitching it with the called for DMC floss colors on 32 count evenweave in the color "parchment".  I started it on Wednesday, 28 April 2021 at 8:30p.m.  Thank goodness for my stitching journal I discussed earlier this month. Anyway, there is absolutely more cuteness to come.

I did purchase from DMC some square wooden hoops.  I do like them but the 10" is really 9½" which sort of bummed me out.  I think they should measure them according to the stitching surface not edge to edge of the hoop.  I also bought an 8" wooden hoop.

That is all the excitement for me here in the dreary and secluded folds of my Lilac Thicket.  The smell of Panda Express will soon envelope the inside of our home.  Hubby called and is swooping down the roads with Chinese goodness for our American palettes.  So my lovely stitchy friends, until next time, God Bless!



No comments:

Post a Comment