Friday, December 3, 2021

Patricia Andrle is in my hoop!

 I started "Gloria" designed by Patricia Andrle on November 27, 2021. This chart can be found in the Cross Stitch and Country Craft magazine issue November/December 1995.  I was Skyping with my bestie Leslie when I started it.  I am using the called for colors of DMC floss and Kreinik metallics on 28 count Lugana fabric in Opalescent White. O Gloria, Gloria in Excelsis Dio translates to Glory to God in the Highest!


The going is slow with the Kreinik but the results are stunning. I am stitching the outside border and am blown away by the richness of the jewel colors and the overall bling. I am enjoying this stitch immensely.


The overall size will be 10" by 8½" and the stitch count size is 141 by 119. I stitched another Patricia Andrle design in 1995 called "O Come All Ye Faithful".  It is pictured below.





No comments:

Post a Comment