Saturday, July 22, 2023

Finishes 3, Lost Finishes 1

The Praying Hands bookmark was a free Artecy design that I had started a decade ago.  I put it down long ago and picked it up in April of this year.  I found I had made a mistake and went to start over but couldn't find the pattern.  I went to Artecy's website (http://www.artecy.com/) and purchased it because it was no longer free. In April I restarted the bookmark with the called for DMC floss on 28 count mushroom lugana.  I finished stitching it on May 24th 2023.  I need to finish the edges with a rose gold "metallic yarn" which I bought at Amazon (Amazon.com: Garbo Metallic Embroidery Thread, Rose Gold #55, 3050 Yard Spool). I am going to give it to my husband for his birthday in September.  It is meant for his Bible.

So the photo above does not show a completed design but there is a story behind it.  This is Pinker 'n Punkin "Ophelia Manor on Punkin Holler Lane". It is a free design here: Pinker n Punkin Quilting & Stitching: Ophelia Manor of Punkin Holler Lane- Companion piece to Willowisp Manor of Holler Lane- A Fall Freebie .

I started this darling project on Wednesday March 1, 2023 at 9:45a.m. on 28 count Dirty Cashel linen with the called for DMC floss.  I finished stitching it on Friday April 7th at 9:37p.m.  I rolled it up into a cylinder to reverse the curl in the fabric. The next day I began reorganizing my WIPs.  The last time I saw the cylinder it was on my love seat.  I have no idea what I did with it next and today it is still MIA!  Ugh!!! I had not photographed the finished project yet, hence the "in process" photo.

The most recent finish is Pinker 'n Punkin "Mollie William's Homestead" pictured above. Darling, darling, darling. On Thursday May 25th, 2023 I started this project on Zweigart 28count lugana in the color New Khaki.  I finished this project Wednesday July 19th at 2:50p.m. I do intend to finish this into a stand up. The link to this free design: Pinker n Punkin Quilting & Stitching: Mollie William's Homestead- A House Freebie

So that is a short, but truthful story of my finishes and I hope that all of your stitching is enjoyable and prolific.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment