Sunday, April 26, 2020

Progress, gnashing teeth over beads again! The drama never ends.

So here I am for the third week in a row broadcasting all my stitchy deeds for the week.  Could a new habit be formed?  Nah-h-h, I won't cop to that quite yet.

So last week I shared my bead storage and today I am sharing pictures.  Here is what the cabinet looks like:
It is a pretty heavy cabinet which sits on the floor.  When you open the drawer you will see the front of the packages with the bead number.  The white round labels have the beginning bead number and ending bead number that are occupied in that drawer.

When you pull the drawer out and turn it around the round pink labels on the back of the package have the beads color name.  It helps out in selecting possible colors without having to pull each package out.  It works for me!

So the lace row is completed, cross stitches and eyelets.  It looks very pretty.

 Here is a closer look at it.
Even closer view.

I have removed the fabric from the hoop and placed it on some Q-Snaps and continued with the gridding before I start with the vertical rows on the stocking.  I am reassessing my choice of bead color for the Heirloom Red Plum beads.  After consulting with other Nannites on the Facebook page "Just Nan Junkies", I was told there are NO bugle beads in the embellishment package.  The difference is the shape of the seed beads versus the SJ beads.  Seed beads are more rounded like a ball and the Red Plum beads are more flat on the sides not as rounded, as if one just cut off a small piece of the bugle bead.  So I ordered more bead colors at SJ Designs.  Perhaps I will see them by the end of the week.  

My E-Bay win Just Nan's "Christmas Peace" came in the mail which was nice but I was sore.  The postman bent it like a taco to put in my mail box!  The seller did not put a piece of cardboard in the package to prevent this.  Perhaps it might have added to the weight and cost her more to mail?  However she didn't even write on the envelope not to bend or fold which would have cost NOTHING!  The leaflet is not damaged in a way that would prevent me from stitching it but it definitely has a rocker shape.  I am not happy with the seller at all!

I intend to get my gridding done by next weekend  so I can have the weekend to unwind floss and enjoy the ebb and flow of my stitching.  May your week be blessed as mine always are.  Ta-Ta!



No comments:

Post a Comment