Sunday, April 11, 2021

Festive Feathers and recent finishes

This is one glorious Sunday!  The view out my Happy Room window is stunning with the bright sunshine, tree leaves appearing, red bud flowers and the most amazing blue sky!  God really know how to treat us right on a blessed Sunday morning.

This morning I have been lurking about the free designs on the internet and posting to my Needle Free For All Facebook group for future posting.  I post two free designs most days and have April almost filled up.  I have to keep track on a calendar page which is also a free calendar at Free Printable.net to try to avoid posting duplicates! (They have free graph paper there too!)  Why buy when you can save money to buy other things with?  

I am always surprised by what free designs elicit  comments.  The designs that I love get no comments and then the ones which aren't appealing to me, do.  That is the beauty of the world, the breadth and width of differences in this universe.


I was not feeling well for the first half of the week so there wasn't any stitching or Skyping with my bestie Leslie on Wednesday.  I did manage some stitching on Friday and Saturday.  I am about half way done with my cardinals breast on Festive Feathers. The color of the fabric is more accurate in today's picture then previous posts. I didn't use a flash when I took it.  I really had fits with it on Saturday as the damn floss kept knotting and I spent half my time picking them out.  It is beyond frustrating.

Last November 2020, Leslie and I talked about just working on holiday designs as a way to assuage the depression that seems to to effect us as the days gets shorter and shorter.  I actually did follow though with that, Leslie didn't 😛 !  Shame on Leslie BIG TIME!  I really enjoyed it!  I chose to stitch free designs I had found and shared on my Needle Free For All.  Here are those finishes.
The top row: Christmas Greetings from iStitch and to the right Village in the Snow from Le Grilles de Maryse.
The second row: Thankful designed by Hands on Designs, Noel 2014 Medallion from Le Grilles de Maryse and the last two are from the Brookes Book's Advent Animal series, Mary Mouse and Duncan Dog.

I was really cuffed with myself getting so many stitched in two months time.  That is not very Sandi Jo'esque!  I will share the particulars of each design next post.

This is my latest free design finish, Shamrocks, by a French designer Brigitte DaDaux.  I stitched it using supplies I had, a piece of white 28 count evenweave and Dye is Cast hand dyed cotton floss in Grace Kelly.  Dye is Cast has been out of business for a decade plus. I really loved Brenda's floss.  I added a small bow from some silk ribbon I had plus a lady bug button.  It is so cute and one day I will fully finish it and share.

I will mention all the free designs I mentioned in this post are still available.  On the left hand side of the blog is a list of sites that offer one or more free designs.  You can find the designs I stitched that way.

I think that is about all for now I will talk with you later in the week.  Enjoy each stitch and God Bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment