Saturday, January 20, 2024

I am never leaving my Happy Room once I get the kitchen & bathroom in there!

 

I have been slowly reorganizing all my leaflets this past week.  I intend to take most of them down to the basement and store them on my bookshelves down there.  They will be in alphabetical order by designer name.  Each designer will have a file folder filled with their leaflets. I had them that way at one time maybe 10 years ago but somehow didn't stick with it.  It was easy to find what I was looking for and also I avoided duplicating purchases.  Designers like Lizzie Kate and my beloved Just Nan have magazine organizers or in Nan's case a storage box with leaflets and kits in it.  Nan will not go downstairs, her designs are protected with my life and will remain in my Happy Room.  Magazines will be organized in magazine organizers according to name. Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament magazines will stay with Nan.

Freebie charts will also accompany leaflets in the appropriate file folder according to designer.  This is a lot of work but in the end, it will make me happy. I believe it will help me refrain from shopping for more stash.
I did get a Temu order last night. I had been anxious to get it.  I got some silicone baking pieces, like cupcake molds, ice cube trays and such.  I also got a felt piece for jigsaw puzzles and a nice pair of pink slippers with fleece like lining.  But then I got some things for stitching.  Straight pins with buttons on the heads, rustic looking jingle bells, 5 zippered project bags, tweezers, and a plastic project case. I saw these little booklets for saving money where cash is tucked in a pocket each week.  I thought those could work with floss for a project with a lot of floss colors. I could put a little label on each pocket with the color number or name. I purchased 3 of those books.

This is the progress on the baby Jesus I am working on.  I have a ton of projects I want to start.

Project particulars

Design: Lavendar and Lace complimentary 2004 design (Baby Jesus)
Started: Saturday, December 23, 2023.  
Fabric: 32 count Kiwi Illusion's Southern Sky
Fibers: Called for DMC, Mill Hill beads & Rainbow Gallery Treasure Braid

I am looking forward to getting this stash project done so I can get my Happy Room reorganized and rearranged.  Christmas 2022 my husband won a 43" JVC Roku TV and he told me it was for me.  I know where I want it now. I just have to move things around to make it happen.  If I could move the bathroom and kitchen in my Happy Room I would never have to leave. Now that thought makes me giddy with happiness.



No comments:

Post a Comment