Thursday, February 8, 2024

Baby Jesus has arrived!

 


Baby Jesus, a free design from Lavender and Lace, is at last finished.  We had a few disagreements and I did have to rip out a significant amount of stitches.  I also had some problems doing the back stitching on His head.  Plus in a couple of spots I got maroon colored pencil dust from my working copy onto the white floss.  I was afraid it might not wash out, but it did.  I used Great Value blue dish soap and washed and rinsed a couple of times and it did come out nicely.  The piece was pressed dry on a bath towel before the beads and metallics were added and it looks fabulous.  I am not sure how I will finish it but that it fine for now.


Project particulars

Design: Lavendar and Lace complimentary 2004 design (Baby Jesus)
Started: Saturday, December 23, 2023.
Finished: Wednesday, February 7, 2024 @ 8:20 p.m.  
Fabric: 32 count Kiwi Illusion's Southern Sky
Fibers: Called for DMC, Mill Hill beads & Rainbow Gallery Treasure Braid


No comments:

Post a Comment