Friday, April 27, 2018

Previous 2018 finishes

Good morning stitching lovelies!  I thought I would share a couple of stitching finishes from earlier in the year.

This is the Little House Needlework's monthly series.  I had intentions of stitching one a month but then a job happened.  I intend on finishing this to sit within the tablescape on my dining room table.  You might be surprised how such a small, simple looking design can be so complicated.  I thought that I was good at counting but was humbled time and again by the counting, especially on the snowflake in the upper right. But I adore the cardinals.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Pray More is a free design that was offered by Lizzie Kate.  I used the Olde Willow Threads which are no longer available.  I have a drawer full of them and I love the vintage or primitive shading of them.  I have stitched this to go into an adorable tray which will be further cute-ified with some vintage print fabric for a backing and bow and a spray of sweet artificial spring flowers.  It is a labor of love for my best friend Leslie.  The best thing about the design is it would look lovely in any choice of colors.
IMG_1305.JPG

So that is it for now.  This weekend is forecast to be splendid and my tentative plans are to spend the entire weekend in the sun room stitching up a storm.  Leslie may join me via Skpe (she lives in Scotland). Until next time, may God keep you safe, filled with peace and stitching with joy!  Sandi Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment