Sunday, April 8, 2018

The more the merrier!

My stitching time has been drastically cut by the advent of my new job, which I love by the way.  It has been quite a while since I shared what I have finished, started or just plain forgotten about.

Life has been wonderful here in the gentle folds of our beautiful Lilac Thicket.  All are healthy and happy and forever blessed by our Heavenly Father.

2018-04-08 12.21.21.jpg
This is my latest start and it will be gorgeous when it is complete.  It is a free design by Ann Logan at https://www.cross-stitch-pattern.net/ .  She has hundreds and hundreds of wonderful designs.  This one is called "Pink".  Here is what the design looks like: Pink
Isn't it lovely?  I am stitching it on a light pink lugana 28 count, which I had in my fabric hoard.  Ann also has a free design called "Blue Garden" that I would like to stitch in the future.

2018-04-08 12.29.54.jpg
This project which is almost done and I got bored with it, is called "Stirring up a sweet Christmas".  It is an old design ©1998 by Waxing Moon Designs.  This Santa is stirring up sweet treats for Christmas on 32 count Opalescent Belfast linen.  I have used a combination of the called for floss colors and DMC substitutions.  I have collected several buttons to replace those called for.  Instead of stitching the wooden spoon, I have fashioned a wooden spoon from Sculpey clay which will be attached.  He is very cute and definitely a new look for Santa.  The design size is 61 by 92 stitches.

2018-04-08 12.36.54.jpg
This piece has not been worked on in a while.  It is a JanLyn cross stitch kit called "Buck's County Farm Stand".  It will look like this when finished: Buck's County Farm Stand - Cross Stitch Kit
The finished size is 16"x12".  It really speaks to my Prepsteading heart.  If you don't know what "Prepsteading" is it is a combination of prepping and homesteading.  If I was 41 years younger I would be buying a piece of land in the Missouri Ozarks and building my own cabin and growing my own food.

2018-04-08 12.33.30.jpg
These little sweeties are from Brooke's Books Publishing and they are free designs in her Advent Animals series.  I am stitching them on Reflections by Silkweaver 28 count lugana in the color "Beach".  The green and red fabrics are the fabrics which will back the individual pillows which will hang from the dining room entrance way.  They are just the most fun to stitch.

2018-04-08 12.22.38.jpg
This is a finish from earlier this year.  It is from Snowflower Diaries series "Joyful World".  The fabric is actually a green hand dyed lugana which was in my fabric hoard.  It was fun to stitch and one day maybe finished to occupy a dining room tablescape.  I forgot to mention, this is a free design offer.

So for now I will sign off and will add more works in progress or finishes as I find them.  They tend to hide all over my happy room.  May this beautiful spring time bring you renewal to your stitching soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment