Sunday, April 15, 2018

Re-homing found needlework

I wanted to share a couple of rescued cross stitch pieces that I found at my favorite thrift shop.  The stitching is perfect and I know they were stitched and given with love.  I believe both were stitched by Tracy who wrote a message on the back of one of them.


File May 18, 11 47 34 AM.jpeg
Kiss the Cook is very sweet and looks perfect in my kitchen.  I paid $1.00 for it.

File May 18, 11 46 36 AM.jpeg
I love the frame as well as the design.  It is well stitched and have an idea it may have been a kit as the frame is perfect for the shape of the design.  There are a few little nicks in the frame but I think it gives it more character.  I paid $2.00 for this piece.

File May 18, 11 47 04 AM.jpeg
Here is a close up of the stitching.  It is well stitched.

File May 18, 11 46 52 AM.jpeg
Here is the sweet loving message from the stitcher Tracy, to her mother.

I am thrilled to have found these sweet pieces and I am proud to have them displayed in my home.  No one appreciates stitching more then stitchers.



No comments:

Post a Comment