Monday, May 27, 2019

Memorial Day Stitching


I can't think of a more appropriate stitching project for our Memorial Day weekend.  I started on this with my Bestie, Leslie Jackson, on November 17, 2018.  I am using all the called for floss with one substitution with the beads.  It is being stitched on the Declaration of Independence written by my Uncle Thomas Jefferson, yes I am descended from greatness!  I am related to the Adams also, they are cousins, John, Samuel and John Quincy. Henry Adams, their grandfather is my 13th great grandfather thru his son Peter.  I am so proud of my heritage.  Anyway here is a picture of my beginning on May 26th.


Here is a picture of my ending on May 26th, 2019. On the left I began filling in more of the flag and top left I began her elbow in over one.  The red gridding thread is the center of the whole project, horizontal and vertical.  I have extended the flag a bit over the horizontal line.  

Progress is slow but I am not in this for speed but for joy and peace in my life.  Stitching is my mantra!  God Bless you and God Bless America!


No comments:

Post a Comment