Monday, August 19, 2024

A 3 year old finish!

 

I realized I had never posted a finished photo of Mirabilia's Day Nymph that I finished October 14, 2021.  I had started it long before that and put it down for some time.  Of course this photo does not do it justice, she is really beautiful with all the beads.  I stitched her on Zweigart 32ct lugana in Cinnamon Roll with all the called for beads and fibers. I also stitched her skin over one which can be a disturbing activity.

I learned quite a lot about stitching in a variegated floss color when I stitched the inside of the panes on her wings.  I wanted the wings to look natural and so I stitched in puddles to create just the color effect I was looking for. I think the wings look wonderful!  

I will say I also learned I despise pony beads!  They are large, unwieldly and very funky to attach.

Day Nymph is still available for purchase.  Here is a link to it's sale page at 1-2-3 Stitch: Day Nymph - Mirabilia Cross Stitch Pattern - 123Stitch.   I very much recommend this great on-line shop!  

No comments:

Post a Comment