Tuesday, August 6, 2024

A "palette cleaner" stitch and finish!

 

This is a fun quick stitch and a lot of personal customizations.  I used black beads for the seeds on the strawberry.  I also accidently stitched the width incorrectly due to a counting error which left too much space for my taste on the left hand side.  So I added some small buttons I had in my stash.  The back stitched steam may perhaps be too light but I wanted it to look like steam and not smoke.  This was a fun "palette cleanser" stitch.  Not sure what I will work on next but I am delighted with this project.


Design: Strawberry Jam and Biscuits Stamp from Pinker 'n Punkin
Started: Sunday August 4, 2024 @1735
Finished:  Tuesday, August 6, 2024 @1500
Fabric:  28 count Zweigart Cashel linen in "Flax"
Fibers: Six Strand Sweets in Spice Drop and Rock Candy; Olde Willow in City of Bristol Brown and Quaker Gold Star; Dye is Cast in Blueberry, Fuschia and Juniper; DMC White and 310; Mill Hill petite beads 42014.  All fibers except DMC are no longer available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment