Sunday, January 1, 2023

A New Year Begins!

 

It's a perfect quote from the Bible for the New Year 2023.  I have been working on, for several years, perfecting my mind to embrace only the good of people and the world.  I am not perfect at it yet, but I am improving.  This is a year that I want to stitch every single day, even if it is just one stitch.  I would like to update my blog on a daily basis, but alas I think that is hopeless.  But I will give it a go.

The above image is a 1996 class project from Just Nan called Snowflower Lace.  I have the kit.  I attended the class at the now defunct Just Needlin' shop.  It has been in my stash for the past 26 years.  I laugh heartily at that ludicrous amount of time.  I did start it maybe 2 weeks ago and have failed to work on it daily.  It is a stunning piece as you can see. Here is my progress to this moment.

I am stitching it on 28 count Lugana in the color "wheat" which is similar to DMC 3782.  It is darker then the mushroom lugana that I love. I chose it because it warms the pink and blue tones which I prefer.  The grey fabric called for is lovely but it is cooler.  

So far I am quite enjoying this piece although the Chinese Stitch gave me fits which is amusing as it isn't difficult at all.

My next post I will share with you what my basket of lifetime stitching is all about and what I am doing with the rest of my stash.  Stitch blessings until then.





No comments:

Post a Comment