Sunday, January 15, 2023

My Lifetime Stitch Box

I have so much stash after 37 years of stitching and stashing.  As much pleasure as it has brought me it is paralyzing and ridiculous. How in the heckydoodle can I have nothing to stitch?  Or worse how can I not decide what to stitch with thousands and thousands of dollars in stash?  

I have gone thru what I have upstairs in my happy room and pulled out things that I definitely want to stitch. I have put them in a shoe box.  I have enough in this shoe box to last me a lifetime of stitching.  The rest is going down in the basement.
There are no rules for what can and cannot be put in the box.  I have kits, free designs, magazines and of course charts in the box.  I can take out or add anything I want.  I laughed because as I was sorting it all out to take these pictures, I was wondering why I put several designs in there.  It's madness, it's insanity, it's ridiculousness.  I think of all the money I have spent and I shudder.
I just want to stitch like I did when I first started.  I stayed up way past my bedtime working on a project.  I would go to work dragging because I stayed up thinking "just one more stitch".  I was so passionate about stitching.  I still am however it is more in my head then actually doing it.
Perhaps that is the key. As long as I am thinking about stitching, I really am enjoying thinking about it. I suppose I am looking for the end all answer and I am not sure there is one.  Happy stitching my dears!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment