Sunday, January 22, 2023

A Shamrock Sampler & Supplies For A Wanna Start

 



I started a new Curtis Boehringer St. Patrick's Day design from the small leaflet which also housed my March finish.  This design is the alphabet which are stitched into the shape of a shamrock.  I am stitching it on a 28-count hand dyed Cashel in the color "Lagoon".  I love the color which is a lovely "bluey" green with a bit of brown swirled in. It has been in my fabric stash for years. The floss I chose is Silks 4 You in white.  Haven't got much done but will be stitching thru the Bills/Bengals game.  I want to see who my beloved CHIEFS will play.
So, I pulled out this gorgeous Rosewood Manor design called "Something Blue" which was in my Lifetime Stitching Box.  It has been on my stitching mind for a few months.  Well, I broke down and ordered the Picture This Plus "Alchemy" fabric in 28 count Cashel. 123 Stitch did not have it in Lugana.  I also ordered the 15 skeins of Weeks Dyed Works "Parchment" cotton floss that it calls for.  The photo on the leaflet is gorgeous and we all know that these photos never do the actual piece justice, so I am stoked.  Oh, I used Christmas money I received to pay for it. 

Tomorrow, I plan on washing up and pressing the March design I just finished.  I like to do those kind of things when hubby is at work.  Have lovely stitching moments this week my stitching friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment