Friday, January 13, 2023

My very own bead bed

For Christmas I received a gift from my sister that was a presented in this nice wooden box.  My sister paints and some of her paints had occupied this box at one time.  Loved the gift and loved the box.  

I hit upon the idea of making THE ideal bead bed.  I cut out a piece of card stock the size of the inside of the box.  I used double stick tape around the edges and cut a piece of black velvet and secured it with the tape on the back side.  I pushed it into the inside of the box and it fit perfectly. I hot glued a quilter's clip to the inside lid and a needle minder sissy had given me.  

I can put a note with which design the beads belong to, as this one is Snowflower Lace.  On the needle minder I have several beading needles for quick retrieval.  The results are perfection.  The beads are easier to pick up on the velvet and I have everything at my beading pleasure finger tips.  

How I love my homemade tools! Happiness is indeed homemade.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment